Parents’ Engagement is about bringing out the best in our children, Together. This involves school staff and the parents community to working together to support and improve the ways our students learn and develop. This is a shared responsibility.
In ATS, we seek to engage parents in meaningful ways. The current communication platforms for engagement are shown below:
|Face to Face
|• School Leaders’ Engagement with Parents
• Parent-Child-Teacher Conference (PCTC)
• Class Time with Form Teachers
|• My Handbook
• Form Teacher Introduction letter
|• ATS website -
• Class Dojo
|• SMS, Whatsapp, phone calls
Class Time with Parents was launched in 2018 to create an opportunity to reach out to parents at the beginning of the school year to:
Parent-Child-Teacher Conference (PCTC) is a planned communication platform for
- Child – to share his/her learning progress, experiences and targeted actions for improvement.
- Teachers – to share their observations and provide a fuller picture of the child’s learning progress, learning attitudes and behaviours to parents.
- Parents – to have a better understanding of their child’s learning and the type of support they can provide for their child at home.
School Leader’s Engagement with Parents help them understand the objectives, considerations and trade-offs of school programmes or policies; have an overview of key activities for the year.
Parents play a vital role in the development and education of their children. Strong partnership boosts student achievement, reduces absenteeism, increases positive student behaviour and gives parents confidence in supporting their children‘s schooling. It also helps parents understand and appreciate the intent of schools’ MOE’s policies and how these are implemented in school. (extracted from MOE Parent Engagement Guide)